Sunday 14 April 2013

Top Three of my Two of my favourite things!!!



As the long dark winter nights are now behind us (hooray! Its no longer pitch black on my drive home at 4.30pm!)) Two of my favourite things to help me get in a summer mood as the seasons change are a new, fresh summer perfume, and a good old pink lipstick. These are my top summer perfumes and lipsticks to wear.
I am an actual perfume addict, and always looking out for something new. I am still wearing my "winter" perfumes at the moment (Thierry Mugler Alien, Calvin Klein Euphoria and Vera wang Princess) and as summer is only just around the corner, I have been checking out some new and some old summer favourites!
  
Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh Sunshine-  This is a limited edition version of Daisy Eau so fresh, and smells very similar, but this has more sparkling, exotic fruity notes. I have tried it a few times when I have been shopping, and I absolutely love it, so this is at the top of my summer wishlist.
 According to Fragantica, this scent contains "initial notes of strawberry, apple blossom and pink grapefruit. The heart is floral and soft - with jasmine, rose and violet leaves, while the base accords include oak moss and amber wood"


Chanel Coco Mademoiselle- I started wearing this perfume around two years ago, and wore it on my wedding day, so its my all time favourite. Its fresh and crisp, yet the jasmine and floral make it a real grown up, sophisticated scent.
 Fragantica described it as "Top notes are orange, mandarin orange, orange blossom and bergamot; middle notes are mimose, jasmine, turkish rose and ylang-ylang; base notes are tonka bean, patchouli, opoponax, vanilla, vetiver and white musk."


Issey Miyake-  A version of this scent is released every year, with a newly designed bottle. Its a perfect holiday scent, as its light, fruity, fresh and as I have worn it the last few summers, it brings back great memories. 
Fragantica describes this as" L'Eau d'Issey Pour L'Ete 2013 captures attention with fruity-sour notes of pink grapefruit and litchi in the top, and guava and passion fruit in the heart. There are also aquatic flowers, complemented by the base of vanilla and exotic woods."




Lipstick


Revlon Lip butter in Strawberry shortcake
MAC lipstick in Lustering
Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie

L-R Raspberry Pie, Lustering, Strawberry Shortcake

I have only recently started to wear lipstick instead of lip gloss, as I have found the brands I have tried in the past really dry my lips out, and make me look like a clown. these pink shades are my favourite daytime lipsticks for summer, and they brighten up my face and outfit, without looking too bright.
 My best friend who is a lipstick pro, and can pull of bright pinks, oranges and Reds bought me the Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake as my first ever lipstick, as its quite subtle, very moisturizing  more like a coloured lip balm than a heavy lipstick.  After using this i was hooked, yet not brave enough to go for the dark and bright shades she does.The colour goes on easily and evenly, leaving a nice shine, and my lips feel lovely and moisturised.
The Raspberry Pie shade is a bit darker, and almost gives lips a stain rather than solid colour, again it moisturises and is easy to apply. This is my usual  night time/going out lipstick, as it leaves a great "just bitten" stain on the lips, without drying them out and making them shrivel up, they stay   shiny, and it doesnt slide off easily.
The MAC lipstic in Lustering is my most recent and most expensive lipstick purchase, but I love it and have worn it every day since I bought it. It is easy to apply and leaves a lovely but not over the top shine, and is a warm, watermelon pink colour that is great for day or night...I will definetly be purchasing more MAC lipsticks




3 comments:

  1. //Thanks! Sure, gfc and bloglovin?

    www.unholystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the Marc Jacobs perfumes, they all seem to smell nice :)
    Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    thevanillapie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty lipstick shades :) x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete